Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Being Sixteen by Allyson Braithwaite Condie


When you turn sixteen your life will suddenly be a lot better? Right? Everyone looks forward to driving and for some dating. Well Juliet was no exception. Juliet has been practicing basketball all summer with her friend Megan. She's really looking forward to playing on the varsity team. Her family arranges a wonderful surprise party for her 16th birthday. All her friends are there and her new "boyfriend" Nate.

For awhile Juliet's sixteenth year is turning out exactly how she planned. She makes the team and goes to Homecoming with Nate, but then things start to change. Juliet and her sister Maddie begin to suspect that their younger sister Carly, a cheerleader, may have an eating disorder. Juliet begins to wonder. "I couldn't help but feel like my life had been turned upside down. It seemed like I was trapped in an alternate universe, while somewhere else things were happening the way they were meant to happen."

If you like religious fiction and wonder what happens to Juliet and Carly read Being Sixteen.

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a really good book I might read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be so sad if I found out one of my sisters had a eating disorder. This sounds like an intresting book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an amazing book. It sounds like it has major ups and downs. If I was put in her place I would probably be more emotional. It sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This books sound good because it's like real life. Nothings perfect and you never know what will happen and when. I will read this book when i get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like basketball but I am not sure if that is what the book is mostly about. It sounds like a big chick flick and I am not into that right now but, when I am I will read it.

    ReplyDelete