Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan


This summer I read The Red Pyramid. The Red Pyramid is about a brother and a sister their names are Carter and Sadie. Carter travels around the world with his dad while Sadie stays with her grandparents. The adventure in this book is based around the Egyptian gods and pharaohs, as the story goes on they find out they have powers relating to the blood of the pharaohs. These powers are a good thing and a bad thing as Sadie Kane would say, "there bloody hopeless". If you like historical fiction and adventure you will love this book, I could not put it down.

7 comments:

  1. I've always been interested in Egypt; I hope some of the story takes place there. The library is getting the book on CD, so this sounds like a great book to listen to while my family is traveling in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister was born in Egypt.
    History is not my best subject though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this book and i thought of reading it because it is from the same author as the lightning theif but I didnt know whether or not it would be as good. But now I really want to read. It was a very good review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds really good because I love adventure. I don't think that i would read it though. nice book review though

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read all the Percy Jackson series and I didn't thing The Red Pyramid could live up to it. I might just read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the Percy Jackson series and may read this one

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've read the Percy Jackson series. I've also read this book. I can tell you that this is a very accurate review... The Red Pyramid did in fact live up to Percy Jackson in my opinion. Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete