Thursday, September 23, 2010

The Series of Unfortunate Events

Violet, Klaus, and Sunny Baudelaire are three orphans. Each very talented. Violet is a great inventor. Klaus loves to read. And Sunny the youngest loves to bite things, she also says weird things such as "Yeeka!" Which probably means something along the lines of, "How interesting!" When the Baudelaire's parents died, they left behind a great fortune. A banker named Mr. Poe is in charge of the Baudelaire's troubles, he looks for new guardians for the Baudelaire's. The Baudelaire's find themselves in a dirty, old, smelly, and scary house. Their new guardian was Count Olaf. Count Olaf is an evil man. He made them clean the filthy house, prepare meals. And worst of all, he tried to steal the Baudelaire fortune. The children tried to talk to Mr. Poe about their problems, but who would believe children? Count Olaf is also an actor, he tries to persuade Mr. Poe that he is innocent.


Though the series is long, I think its worth the read. If you are interested in Adventure, Mysteries and struggles, this is the book to read. Does Count Olaf get caught in the end? Do the Baudelaire's hide from Count Olaf forever? Read the book and find out! I hope you like it!

4 comments:

  1. I read the first book awhile ago. While I enjoyed it I just felt so bad for the kids. Nothing ever seems to work out for them. I really liked the movie also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i should read this book. i have this book at home, but i never seemed to be interested in it. i never even read the back. but i will read it if u say it is worth the read. i hope i like it, im not really the type of person that likes these kind of books, but i will read it, and hopefully like it...nice book review:) !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I started reading this book but never finished. I think i should.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read the entire series in 4th grade and I liked them. sometimes is was depressing because bad things kept happening to them and they didn't have parents. I liked the video game too. Nice review.

    ReplyDelete