Monday, September 27, 2010

If you had a brother in war would you be on his side or against him with your dad?
Tim Meeker lives in Redding with his mom, dad, and older brother Sam. Sam went away for college and came back dressed for war. His dad is against him going to war but Sam does not care. He wants the freedom of his country and is willing to die for it.

Tim does not know what side to be on. If he chooses Sam then he is going against his dad and his dad would not be to happy. Though if he goes on his dad's side then he is practically betraying Sam. Tim can not make up his mind. He goes back and forth not knowing which to pick. Tim looks up to Sam and sees the bravery in Sam and wants to grow up just like him. While Sam is gone to war there are a lot of things going on in Redding. Because of these things Tim has had to grow up very quickily.

When Sam came back for a visit Tim was so excited for Sam to see him all grown up."Tim had to grow up very fast becuase of you Sam" Mrs. Meeker said. Even though it was Sam's fault Tim was so happy to see that Sam had noticed and was proud of him. After his visit Sam got accused of stealing cows... Is that the last time Tim will see Sam? Let's hope not. If you like books that are unpredictable and keep you wanting more then you will deffinatly like this book.

My Brother Sam Is Dead
by,
James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier.

4 comments:

  1. I finally read this book a few years ago. I thought it had a very powerful ending and that it made a true statement about war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book but I cant remember it very well I think im gonna read it again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read this book. But it sounds interesting. I had no clue what it was about. But now I do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never read it. I do NOT like the title, and only because my name is Sam, but am I dead? NO. Do I plan to go to war. Almost certainly not. I might try this book, but I'm already reading so many books, because I read really fast.

    ReplyDelete