Monday, March 3, 2014

Uglies


Uglies



Scott Westerfeld

            Tally's just about to turn sixteen. When she turns 16 she is going to become pretty.  When you become 16 you go into to surgery to become pretty. You move in to a town of only pretty's that all look alike.
 What could be wrong with everyone becoming pretty? 

       Tally's best friend shay isn't sure she wants to be a pretty; she runs away and tally sees that other side of the ''pretty town''
I love this quote that is in this book and it says''becoming pretty doesn't just change the way you look it changes the way you think.'' I think that this quote is true and that it happens to people they can act completely different in the way that they act. 

        I think that this book is amazing and you can get pulled into reading more and more each day. I would recommend reading this book for anyone who likes to read si-fi books and mystery books. I think that this book is similar to the hunger games series.  I like this book because the way that the story line and the way that it was written.  I would rate this book a 10 out of 10.

2 comments:

  1. I loved this book when I read it! It was one of those books you just couldn't put down. If you do end up reading this book, expect late nights of reading. I totally agree with the quote about how becoming pretty doesn't change your looks, it changes the way you think. Loved this review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this book is strange because who would really want to look the same as every one else. I think it is good that Tally wants to just be her self she does not want to change her looks. This reminds me of the book unwind witch was a really good book so maybe I will read this book

    ReplyDelete