Monday, March 3, 2014

Ranger's Apprentice : Book 8, Kings of Clonmel

Rangers Apprentice: Book 8
By: John Flanagan
                In this book of Rangers Apprentice, Will, Halt, and Horace are called to go save a kingdom that is in trouble. They go off to a kingdom in which is ruled by Halt's brother, to save them from potential loss of the kingdom.

                While going to the kingdom, they find a preacher who is trying to convert all of the people to follow his god named Alseiass. They then follow him while Will goes off to go and finds a camp where all these soldiers are. He finds that these soldiers are working for the preacher, and he is using that so that people go and join his group of people. They then hear about a coming battle in a town nearby, and Will, Halt, and Horace go to save the town from disaster. This helped them greatly in their adventure. Eventually, Halt and Horace go the the king (Halt's Brother) as they try to convince him to say to follow their god, the Sunrise Warrior, which Horace is posing as. The ending get's even better, but I may not say how it ends. But the picture above is one of the things that happens in the end, as you can see Horace, with the Sunrise Warrior insignia on his shield, is getting beaten by some man. It all makes sense in the end. READ THE BOOK!
               My favorite character is probably Halt, because he is a ranger that seems dull, but is actually very funny on the inside, and is also very caring. I really like the characters the author chose during this, because they are all funny, and have a lot of connections together. I really also like the plot of this book, because it gives some insight on Halt's character. One of my favorite quotes from him is "If you think that is a good idea, go ahead."  because since Halt is grim, but funny, this makes this quote funny and good.
               This book is great for a Fantasy / Realistic Fiction read. It has TONS of action, and is filled with fun little things that you always want to continue reading. But, you should first read all the books in order, or this book will not make sense. This book also has some mysteries, but they are just there so you keep reading the book to find it out to the end. I would highly recommend this series to anyone. At the end, there is also a huge cliff hanger, so be ready.

4 comments:

  1. Wow I want to read this book now it seems really good! I really like that quote it is pretty funny! This book kind of seems like it is a missionary story from the middle ages! Good job Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this book. Halt is definitely my favorite character. He sort of reminds me of my grandpa. I really loved reading that series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book. Will is probably my favorite character but halt is my second favorite. The author made this book so funny and full of action to were I was having a hard time putting it down. When I was reading this book my favorite part was when Halt and his brother met for the first time in this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. I think that this could really be an enjoyable book. I do like the deep fantasy kinds of books. Nice job with the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete