Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Son of Neptune

                                      

The Son of Neptune is the second book in the Lost Hero series. The author Rick Riordan is the amazing writer. The book has high back adventure with outstanding characters. It has a really understandable story line, with adventurous turns and humor on every page. This is by far my favorite book!

It starts off with one of the main characters Percy trying to find his way.  He doesn't know where he's going or who he is. All he remembers is the name Annabeth. Another main character is Frank, his mother died in Afghanistan only a few weeks before and his grandmother told him to go to this camp named Camp Jupiter. When he was there he meet a girl named Hazel. Hazel is a girl who lived in New Orleans in the late 1900's. This book is not in the 1900 's.  Hazel died in 1947 and her brother Nico brought her back from the underworld. Percy, Frank and Hazel have to go on another quest to save Death and kill a giant!

This is one of my favorite books. It relates to the other books in the Lost Hero series and the other Lightning thief. It's full of adventure and excitement. One thing I love is the setting. It is set in another camp that's not Camp Half Blood. It's in Camp Jupiter. The camp is also called "New Rome", the architecture is based on Rome. The camp itself is in a field just outside of San Francisco.

"Life is only good because it ends" -Rick Riordan. This is one of my favorite quotes. It seems like this is the only line in the entire book that is enduring and emotional. Most of the book isn't too deep it's more funny and exciting!

This is a really good book for anyone who likes excitement and humor. I would recommend this book for anyone who loves Harry Potter, Divergent, or Hunger Games! It's so exciting and there's never a dull moment. The Son of Neptune is by far  my favorite book.

8 comments:

  1. WOW SOPHIA!!! Great job! I will defiantly think about reading this book, it sounds really interesting. I like how you said that it is funny and that made me want to read it even more! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a wonderful book and I'm going to have to put it on my must read list! I've heard that this was a great series, but yet to read it. After reading this review, it will be at the top of my list! I loved the quote and how you interpreted it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked the lighting thief so I think this book would be really good to I would really love to read this book

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love this book. You make it sound so amazing! I love the quote that you chose. It is one of my favorites. I love how the only thing Percy remembers is Annabeth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this book! I read it once earlier, and you put it in a great description! I think anyone that is interested should read it! I really liked this book because it was just a great book by Rick Riordan, and I love reading his books. Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really liked the lightning thief so I am sure this would be a good book to read. I think I would agree with the fact that Rick Rioridon has a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book is full of feels, especially for those certain people who didn't realize that Percy was even involved in this story arc. Really, when he said all he could remember was Annabeth, I cried. Anyway this book is amazing and I am glad that you thought it was good enough to merit a review.

    ReplyDelete