Wednesday, March 5, 2014

39 Clues: The Maze of Bones

39 Clues: The Maze of Bones

By: Rick Riordan


     This is an action-packed book filled with memorable adventures with the Cahill family, as they search for the 39 Clues.

     In this book we join Dan and Amy Cahill, and their au pair, Nellie Gomez. It starts at Dan and Amy's grandmother's funeral where they learn about a family clue hunt that will take them around the world. Deciding to join the clue hunt, they get a vague clue that leads them to believe it is about Benjamin Franklin. They study about him and soon travel to Paris. What will they find?

     This book combines mystery, adventure, and tons  of action to create a book that you will always remember. The author describes the events very well and you get caught up with the flow of the book. You can see the events happen in your mind's eye. It is a great book and I recommend you read it if you like realistic fiction, adventure, or even mystery books.

     My favorite character is probably Dan because he isn't a very serious character. I really love this one quote from him where he says, "You can't call a ninja lord dweeb." I really like how Dan is always saying he is a ninja and then Amy just calls him a dweeb. It's like an endearing term for him that can be used as an insult. A great way to show their sibling bond.

   I would recommend this book if you like realistic fiction with a side of mystery. It is a great book and a wonderful series.
   

2 comments:

  1. I love how they are brother and sister it makes it even more exiting! Dan seems less serious than Amy which I'm curious to see if they will fight along the way with such conflicting personalities. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book made me want adventure again, and not just somewhere in a fantasy realm, but in the real world. It constantly reminded me that in was realistic fiction by talking about Ben Franklin among other things. This was a good book to bring back my childhood dreams of real-world adventure.

    ReplyDelete