Wednesday, March 12, 2014


By Edward Bloor

The book Taken is a book in the time 2035 and kidnapping is a major problem in the united states at the time. The book starts out when the main character Charity Meyers  wakes up in a ambulance on a stretcher. Her skills that are taught in school are put to the test. 

Charity Meyers lives in a place called the Highlanders. Like this one there are many other communities gated with armed guards to protect the people inside of the community.  Charity Meyers recently did a report on kidnapping. When she gets kidnapped she uses the information that she learned.

I think some of the connections I made while reading this book were being scared. One of my worst fears is being kidnapped. So I think I can relate to Charity when she said that she was scared of being taken. Another connection I made was that I have heard of actual people getting kidnapped.

One of the quotes in this book that I liked was "Be quiet and listen." I Think that was one of my favorite quotes in the book because it was kind of funny at the time when I was reading the book because Charity is more on the stubborn side and  her and another character are trying to stay safe.

I would probably recommend this book to older teenagers because it does have some language. And some parts of the book are hard to understand.







5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a good book to read. I think I am going to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really interesting, I'm scared of being kidnapped to. I'll have to give this book a read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like an amazing book to read, I read a book about kidnapping once and it was very scary. I would imagine that this book is really good, and it sounds like a good book to read considering she knows how to escape from it. I will probably read this book, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the story is in the future and that she wakes up in an ambulance. It sounds like there will be some problems with the government I can't wait so read Taken. I would hate to be kidnapped too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This book sounds really good! I think I am going to read this book! You did a great job Eli!

    ReplyDelete