Friday, February 24, 2012

Seeds of Hope

Seeds of hope is a very interesting story about two young girls who plan to go to Oregon to start over on life and just have a new beginning. However, plans change. Their father decides to change destinations on where they are going. He starts to get gold rush fever. Along with everybody else. So the family stops their journey to Oregon short. The two girls and their father start to start to start an unexpected life in a different land than originally planned. They have to learn and trust one another to succeed in this change of plans. I would really recommend this certain book for those people who enjoy historical fictions. It is also a diary so if you like those two topics you would enjoy this book. I normally do not like historical fictions, but this book was actually pretty neat I thought. In the book it says "I was amazed at the power of that one word, gold." In this book that quote is really true. All it takes is that one little word and everybody and everything is silent to find out where that gold is. They have gold fever.

The theme of this book was great. It explained a life lesson. You should make the best out of everything. Even if plans change (or something like that,) it's not the end of the world. Be optimistic about it. That's the best way to deal with anything. That is what I think the theme of this book is. It was great!!

6 comments:

  1. I have always enjoyed historical fiction novels. It would be quite an adventure to travel across the country and then go to an uncivilized area. I would think that panning for gold would be pretty boring and only a few would really make it "big".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that quote because I think it is really true all through life. There are some words that have so much power and influence. One word can cause someone to do something they never thought they would, and that can be good or bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never liked historical fiction books but I do love the T.V. Show gold rush and I love the Gold part about it and if I was to read this book I would like it (even though it is a diary).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the quote you had. I think you used a lot of good words and grammar. I also liked how you told the summary so fluently. I don't really like historical fiction books but you have pretty much convinced me to read this book. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked the quote you used and it is so true that words can do a lot of things. I like how fluent your summary was and your use of grammar was great too. Overall great book review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome summary! The book sounds pretty cool, even though I don't read a lot of historical fiction. I can't imagine the struggles they must of gone through.

    ReplyDelete