Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chains


The year is 1774 and while the king is in England living off the taxes of innocent people and a piping hot bowl of greed, only a handful of people are loyal to him and agree with what he is doing. Those people are known as the loyalists. The other ninety nine handfuls are against the things he has done and how they have treated them. The group of ninety nine handfuls have formed a strong union, the revolutionary rebels. But unfortunately the Americans are up nose to nose against the most powerful army in the world. The war will change American history forever. But for now it is up to Isabel to transfer vital information to the rebels by spying on her loyalist owners.
It definitely was not my favorite book.  I do not like to read historical fiction books, simply because they do not interest me. However I will say that out of all the books in that genre, that I have read, Chains was definatly my favorite  I really liked the characters in the book and the message that it was trying to get across. The message that I recieved was that you should treat people as you would want to be treated because they are just as capable as you. The message might also be to give everyone a chance and see what their worth is. Because what they can do might surprise you. 

9 comments:

  1. I know a lot of students have read this book for U.S. History. I love this author, but I haven't ever read this book. I can't imagine living as a slave. I really don't like to be told what to do, so I probably wouldn't have fared very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting this wonderful book review. I have also read chains and I would have to agree that I don't like reading books in this genre, but this was the best one I have read. Chains had a good storyline and I really felt for the characters (as far as what they were going through). But at the same time, it moved to slow for my liking. I probably would not have finished it if it wasn't required to read for my history class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading this book for U.S. History. At first I wasn't too sure about it, but its been really good so far. I would definately recommend this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked your book review. I have not read Chains but I have read Forge and it was really good. I like how you you stated your words like how you said "The other ninety nine hand fulls disagree with this." I would have never thought of as great words as that. Overall good use of words and a this great book review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read the second book Forge and it was really good. I am amazed that you did not like it she is a good author. Your use of grammar was awesome. I like how you said "and a piping hot bowl of greed". You did a good job with summarizing the story. This is a great book review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like you're book review, but if you added more details about the book it might be more interesting. I'm reading this book right now for U.S. history and it seems like you didn't really tell the story. I thought this book sounded dumb at first but then when I got deeper into it I liked it more and more. Thanks again for this book review.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your review was good we are reading the book in history and I enjoy reading it. Your review told me just enough information about the book so that it did not spoil the whole book. The information was helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your description of the book was great! I'm also reading this book in History, and so far I like it. Just like you, I usually don't read historical fiction. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are reading this book in history and I wasn't very excited (I don't like history books) but after reading this book review I think it sounds way cooler than what I expected. good job :)

    ReplyDelete