Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Maze Runner





James Dashner's The Maze Runner thrilled me with every action and mind twisting question!
This book is not for someone who wants to fall asleep while they read.  It seems like in every chapter something new and exciting happens.  You never know whats going to happen next with this stirring novel!
This exhilarating  book is about a teenage boy called Tomas who wakes up in a pitch black room, and he can only remember is his name.  He then finds himself in the Glade (wich is in the middle of a maze) surrounded by other boys close to his age.  Whats going on?  Where am I? Who are these guys?  Is all that he can think of right then.  Tomas later figures out the rules in the maze and what their knew purpose is in life-to stay alive and find a way out.
I personally loved this book and could not seem to put it down.  This book is filled with action, and a lot of it!  This book is for the action lovers!  It also has a little romance and mysterious events.  Trust me you will never be bored with this book!  This book really makes you stop and think what would I do if I were him?
A connection I made with this book is about how you can end up in a place unfamiliar surrounded by strangers but you somehow can make a close realation ship with someone that will last a life time.

It knows I'm done, he thought.  After all that effort, here he was, surrounded by Grievers.  It was over.  Not even a week of salvageable memory, and his life was over. - The Maze Runner

5 comments:

  1. I tried to listen to the audiobook while driving, but I was extremely confused. I know a lot of students have enjoyed the series, especially boys. Are there any girls in the story?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already want to read this book because of how exciting it sounds. Even though a lot of boys like this book, I think it will be exciting and thrilling because he is in such a unique but hopeless situation. I can't wait to read this book!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not yet read this book but it seems like a very fun book. You're book review said a lot of good details. This book seems like the movie Tron. This book sounds like it's like the movie but it has younger kids. Thanks for sharing this book review, I might read this book now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This review makes me want to read the book because I like a lot of action books not just one that will make me fall asleep while I am reading. I am going to check it out and read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I get really bored sometimes when I read a book. So it's great to hear it's an adventure! I know a lot of people read this book and liked it so this review is one more reason why I really should read it.

    ReplyDelete