Thursday, February 23, 2012

Ruined

"Lisette dragged Rebecca into the road, because cars were easier to avoid than people. Some ghosts were easy to spot, like the woman with dark ringlets wearing a flowing blue ball gown, picking her way back and forth across Royal Street, gazing up at a flower-bedecked balcony." -Paula Morris                                                                                                                         





 Ruined is about a girl named Rebecca. She has to move to New Orleans from New York for a year because her dad has to go to China. When she gets there she is a little skeptical about things and how everything is going to play out. One day walking home from school she meets a friend named Lisette. But finds out she is something that could really change her life. Later on she meets other new friends that she thought could last forever but later on with finding things about her past, things just fall down hill for her. Rebecca is trying to jump for some conclusions. She looses trust from a lot of people and has no one else to turn to. So in the end does everything work out for her?
All of the characters are a little spooky. They all have a secret that really does change her opinion on people. They all get along at first, but it as she finds out what is really going on in the family history, all of the characters change and Rebecca finds it hard to trust them.
 I thought the book was good. I think you really have to love romantic books to like this one. It also has a little bit of action in it and that is what I liked about it. This book would be good for people that like that sort of spooky love story feel. So if you are really into that stuff, I think you should read it :)



5 comments:

  1. I read this book!! I loved it! It is very fun to read about all the people she meets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked this book, also. New Orleans has an interesting history, so I enjoyed learning more about it. There's a bit of suspense and mystery involved, too. Great choice for anyone who enjoys paranormal romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE THIS TYPE OF BOOK:) i will for sure look into reading it. I think it would be cool to learn more about new orleans

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like creepy books but I don't like romance books that much. If it is only a little of romance then I will be fine but if the whole book is romance then I won't like but I'll take your advice anyways:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. this book sounds really good! Normally I don't read ghost books because I get scared easily haha! I think I am going to be reading this once I finish my other book.

    Love doing Media aide with you Megan!!!!

    ReplyDelete