Sunday, February 8, 2015



Wonder
By: R.J Palacio 

Kayla Barlow 

August Pullman has been home schooled his whole life. Not for just any 
reason, but because he suffers from dramatic cranio-facial abnormality, and the rigorous 
surgery schedule that comes with it. Auggie's parents have finally decided to let Auggie go to school, because he needs to learn how the world works, and that not everyone will like him. Auggie is now in fifth grade in middle school. Auggie makes some friends and begins to think that everything is falling into place. But when friends turn into enemy's, and Auggie realizes that people dont like him, at all, his life falls apart. Will Auggie be able to overcome the fact that the world is tough and life is hard?

                      Auggie is a sweet smart kid who loves to play with his friends and his family. I think that Auggie is like my cousin David. He is very smart, fun and loves his family very much. But he has been having a rough time lately, so I think that he is like Auggie because Auggie has had to overcome many things and so has my cousin. I also think that Julian is much like my sister. Julian is a sassy, unkind person. Not that my sister is unkind, but she is very sassy. 

                  "Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.” This quote fits in very well in the book Wonder, Because Auggie's face is different than others. But his personality is no different. It's on the inside what counts. Not what your face looks like, or what your body looks like. 

                        I liked the book Wonder because it is different than other books. It shows what a person like Auggie feels like and what they go through. I would recommend this book to my family, because i think that my family would enjoy the fact that I have been reading books that are different and show things like whats on the inside that counts is what matters, and also because the book gives life lessons that I will put into my daily life. 






7 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this book as well. My favorite part is when Aggie figures out how to fit in and people start being nicer to him. I think I would enjoy reading it again and would also recommend this book to my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't say enough good things about this book. I think it's one that everyone should read. There are so many life lessons that apply to all of us. At some point in everyone's life you may feel different or left out. If we remember that we can hopefully treat others' kindly, regardless of how different they may be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I will definitely look into reading this book. From other comments, I can tell that it has good lessons to be learned that would benefit for us our whole lives. We should learn to help others and recognize that some people are different and those are the ones who need extra kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad that someone decided to do a review on this book! It is such a touching story, and I loved all of the characters. I really like how you gave your own perspective on the book. This book teaches you a lot of useful life lessons that you can use later.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really liked this book. I read it awhile ago, and while and can't remember all of it I remember I liked the part at the end. If you haven't read this book it is very good and you will enjoy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book is so great. It shows people that what is on the outside really doesn't count. It also kind of reminds me of another book called "Out of My Mind".

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have read this book so many times and every time i read it, i love it! it teaches us that we need to be nice to others and we need treat everyone the same. my favorite part of this book is when he realizes that it is okay to be different

    ReplyDelete