Monday, February 9, 2015

The Last Apprentice #1Revenge of the Witch

     Intro: In this book their are people called Spooks. These are always the seventh son of the seventh son. These people can hear and see things normal people can't. Their job is to find and root out boggarts, witches, ghosts, and other things of the dark.

     In the first book, the old spook is looking for a seventh son of the seventh son to take into apprenticeship. He finds Tom, who is used to working on a farm. The old spook is called Gregory. He starts Tom's training for a spook by showing him the witches that he has bound in his garden. The most evil one of all is called Mother Malkin. She is a level one witch ( levelling 1-10, 10 being the least dangerous. Levels 1-4 kill easily) and ends up escaping because Tom fed her blood cakes (accidentally) and that gave her strength to get out of the binding pit. One of the places she heads to is Tom's house and family. Tom has only been an apprentice for a couple months.... Can he stop her?!


     Some connections and questions I have about this book is that I know that werewolves are in some folklore the seventh son of a seventh son.
Tom is a very brave and determined character. He learns quickly and finds his work interesting. Gregory is a old, fit, man with a small sense of humour. Alice is a witch and is kind, smart, and knows her stuff. This book takes place in Toms farmhouse on a rainy night. The theme ( if there is one ) is nothing in dark can truly hurt you if your brave. 


     "Nothing can truly hurt you if you are brave." I like it and believe that it is true. It ties into the story a lot, because that's what there fighting the whole time. Old Gregory and Tom's mom said this. 

     Yes, I enjoy this book. It is spooky, entertaining, intense, clean and will make you wonder if ordinary people are NOT ordinary...... Readers who would like this book would be ones who like:

Action
A little scare
Intensity
Clean books ( no swearing )
 and entertainment.
 






4 comments:

  1. So there's a movie out right now that talks about the seventh son of the seventh son. Is that based on this series or is it totally different? I like suspenseful books, but I tend to avoid books that seem scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like suspenseful books and scary is even better. This book reminds me of a t.v. show called sleepy hollow. I love stuff like this I think that this would be a great book for me. I also have heard about the movie is it the same thing? Cool book want to read it some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book isn't really something I would read. I have heard of people say that they love this book. I do not think I would read it Though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is something i would read because it has action, adventure, and is suspenseful. this sounds like a good book and it has clean language and entertainment which makes this a comfortable book to read.

    ReplyDelete