Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Divergent-Alexis Crandall


Divergent Written by Veronica Roth 
Book Review
By Alexis Crandall
Divergent is a Distopia set in a chaotic world of choice and discovery. When Beatrice Prior turns the age of 16 she and her older brother Caleb will step in to the world of adult hood where they will be faced with the choice of five different factions that they must choose. In the book it says "In my reflection, I see a narrow face, wide, round eyes, and a long thing nose" that is a interpretation of how Tris describes her self.
Abnegation: They value acts of selfless acts. They despise selfishness. They abnegation dress in modest grey suites.
Dauntless: The dauntless value bravery and jump off moving trains to travel. They wear black cloths and they are a fun, loud, rambunctious people.
Erudite: They are very intelligent and try to get knowledge. They despise ignorance. The Erudite wear blue at all times
Candor: The Candor faction value the truth. In this faction every one is free to say what they want and express their feelings. The Candor faction members wear black and white.
Amity: The Amity are colorful happy peace full people. They are pacifists and work to keep the peace.
        When the ceremony day comes Beatrice choose Dauntless. The initiation into dauntless will be a lot harder then she thought it would be. Tris has to work hard to guarantee herself a spot in this new life.With  the help of her new friends and an old enemy Tris will have to pull her self together and conquer her greatest fears daily. Tris (Beatrice) has a secret that she has not told anyone but if one should find out that would mean death
          This was a really good book and I would definitely recommend it to someone who is looking for a fun action packed book.  I felt a good connection to this book because of the fears that Tris had to conquer. It reminded me of me because we all have to conquer our fears or find a way to mask them.The author describes in great detail the initiation process along with the fiery spirit of the dauntless characters like Uriah and their funny insults like "Pansycake". If you have not read this book and you enjoy action, and books like the hunger games then you will definitely enjoy this.


8 comments:

  1. When I read about how Tris had to go through challenges where she faced her fear, it reminded me of times when I have to face my fear (examples being things like giving a talk, performing in front of a large audience, or even asking somebody to dance at a stake dance). This book is amazing, and I loved the ingenuity in the world of the book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the first two books in this series and hated the last one! The Insurgent movie comes out next month. Hopefully it will be as well-done as the first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read this book but Ive seen the movie. It reminds me of the giver. Eve though the people see there way of life is a problem but people don't want to except it

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a very good book! I loved how the author used very descriptive words when she wrote, it was almost like she was Beatrice was talking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the movie but I've never read the book. It seems like a good book. I should read it some time. Is it anything like the movie or is it totally different? I've heard it was really close to the book. I think I should read it first before I decide.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked the movie but I haven't read the book. My sister got the book for Christmas and she is almost done. I'll read when she is done. The book sounds amazing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i havent read the book but i have seen the movie and i loved the movie! it was so good! my friend read the book and she went to go see the movie and she said that they didnt leave anything out so i thought it was very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed reading this book. It was very interesting and I read it in 3 days. If you haven't read this book you should!

    ReplyDelete