Monday, February 23, 2015

Instant replay

Written by:
Jerry Kramer 
and
 Dick Schaap


This classic sports book takes readers inside the 1967 season of the Green Bay Packers, following that storied team from training camp to their dramatic victory in Super Bowl 2.

Candid and often amusing, Jerry Kramer describes from a players perspective a bygone era of sports. The readers get to see the perspective of a professional sports player. Jerry describes what is like to be a football player and has a lot of life lessons you will want to know. Not only will you get to know about the game filled with blood, grit, and tears. but you will know the history of the players and coaches never seen before.

Readers will also see how it is very important that you stick as a team and help each other reach a goal, like Jerry did with his teammates and coaches, to obtain the hardest thing in professional sports, a championship win.

"work only comes before success in the dictionary" -Vince Lombardi
I love this quote because you cant obtain or achieve success if you don't work for it. Vince lead a team to win the Superbowl, three times. And mostly everyone wanted to quit, because it was so hard, But it game them so much more.   

I like this book because it shows you the history of american football, what you have to do to accomplish your dreams, and how to act as a person and a teammate. This book inst the cleanest book, and confusing and intense, if you love sports and are man enough to read this even with the language, then you should read this.



5 comments:

  1. I think that I would love this book because I love sports and especially football. I to know how important it is to stick as a team and work together. I like to look at how far football has come and I think this would be a really good book for me to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that I would like to look in to reading this book, because I usually don't read things very sporty. All though I love sports, including football, I don't usually even think about reading a book like this. From the description, it looks like a very interesting book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never read anything sporty. It is usually because they talk too weird to me. But I think I might mention this to other people that like to read sporty books. I wish I could understand sport talk so that I could read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would like to read this book because i like sports. I really like you watch football because a game can change in a play and you never know what will happen. like in the supper bowl then should just have run it but then throw it and they lost the game because of it. I really want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete