Tuesday, December 17, 2013

The Outsiders

Review by Megan Bryce
  This book won a few awards for being such a great book. Later it was made into a movie, because it was so popular and everyone loved it. The movie didn't do as well as everyone thought it would, but it wasn't to bad for being made in 1983. Here's a little more about the book.
 Ponyboy, the main character is a greaser. There are many greasers where he lives, and they are all his buddies. Socs are there rivals, and when ever they can get a hold of any of the other greasers, they could beat them half to death. Ponyboy starts to like one of the socs, Sherri, which leads to trouble. Ponyboy runs away with Johnny, because they kill one of the socs in self defense, but the story doesn't stop there. I wouldn't want to ruin it for you, so go read it to find out whats happens next.
      I thought this was an awesome book, it is very intense for most of it. It is very well written and worded. I personally thought it was a really good book, up until the very end; I really don't think it should have ended like it did. There are some that wouldn't agree with me though, so you should read it and choose whether you liked it or not.
      I especially liked the characters, the way that all of the boys care for each other, but are very teasing and rough with them. And the socs are the complete opposite, how they act, the way that they are nice to each other, but not to anyone else. All of the characters tie the whole book together, if all of the book was the same, but you took out one of the characters, even if they are not in the book very much, it would still mess the book up a lot.
     It really was a great book, so if you haven't read it yet, I highly recommend it. This book is definitely worth reading.
      

6 comments:

  1. I liked reading this book last year. i realy enjoyed your review. I think you described this book really well. Great job!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book last year and it was amazing. I love the way you described the book and i agree it was pretty intense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie was so sad. It really surprised me how it ended. I watched this last year, and we read it while we watched the movie. Good review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great book. It's so amazing how the greasers treat each other like family and stick up for each other no matter what. I will definitely read this again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't care how annoyed at your teacher you are for making you read this book, this book is fabulous. I love ponyboy and sodas characters along with having the best names in literary history. The greasers and socs are my favorite part of the book too, they tie the whole thing together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i think this book is great i would recommend it to all readers who like action and suspense

    ReplyDelete