Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Among The Hidden


 
Among The Hidden 
Margaret Peterson Haddix

Luke is a twelve year old boy who lives in a isolated area in the woods. Life is well until they start tearing down the nearby woods to build a new community. This usually wouldn't be too much of a problem, but Luke is a third child. In this country you are only allowed to have two children. If you do however have a third child and the population police find out, well let's just say you won't have three children anymore.
As the community gets finished all Luke does is sit in his attic and look out a little peep in the wall. He one day realizes that a house across the street from his house has a third child too, Luke ventures over to the house one day and meets the third child, her name is Jenny.
Jenny tells Luke about how she is going to attempt to overthrow the population police Luke doesn't really like the idea, and tries many times to warn Jenny not to go. But she goes anyways.

This book was very greatly written, it was full of action, cliff hangers and major plot twists. I would recommend this book to anyone who likes a book series or simply a good read.


“I want to Live! Not Die, Not Hide, LIVE!” 

11 comments:

  1. This book sounds great! I think it would be really hard and boring if all I could do is sit in the attic of my house for my whole life! I wonder what happens to Jenny when she runs away! I'm going to have to read this book soon so I can find out what happens! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a really great series of books. I like the quote at the end cause most people think like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the review! It was very well written. I loved your quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother is crazy about this series. It sounds really interesting, I would like to try it. Great review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never read this book but your review makes it sound really interesting. Many people have recommended it to me but I haven't read it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job. I remember reading this in 6th grade. it was a good one

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked reading this in 5th grade, and 6th. It completely reshapes your understanding of the world and how bad it can be.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read this book. I saw it a couple of times at the library, but I didn't read it because I didn't what I was about. Thanks for telling me what it is about.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good job with your book review. This is one of my favorite series.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this book sounds great! I love mysterious stories, so I hope to check this one out soon. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book sounds great. I would hate to be in an attic for my whole life without having any friends. I would probably go crazy.

    ReplyDelete