Tuesday, December 10, 2013

The Amaranth Enchantment

By:Julie Berry

"Would you believe me if I told you that the stone is...how shall I describe this, the words are so shallow...that the stone is my soul?"-Beryl

I loved this book! It is a mystery with a healthy dose of romance and action.  When Lucinda's parents mysteriously die in a carriage accident, she is sent to live with her battle-ax aunt and her kind uncle at his jewelry shop. That day, two strange visitors come to the store, both who will change her life. One is Beryl, a woman who is thought to be a witch asking for her help in retrieving the stone which houses her soul and magic. Lucinda is whisked into an adventure along with the pickpocket Peter, the prince, and a woman from a different world.

I really like Peter. He is funny, but not in the normal way. He steals from people shamelessly, and he is the one that starts Lucinda in on the adventure. He thinks that he is the greatest at everything, and everyone knows him for his reputation, even the prince.

I recommend this book to everyone eight and up. It has an easy to follow story line, but lots of description. This story is very unique, and doesn't have gore or language in it. This is one of my all time favorite books.

No comments:

Post a Comment