Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Ever

By: Gail Carson Levine
 
"Fate...may...be...thwarted."
  I love Ever, it's an amazing story about love and sacrifice. It has romance, mystery, suspense, and fantasy. This book is definitely something I would want to read over and over again. Kezi is going to be sacrificed to her god Admat, and Olus is the Akkan god of wind. They must find a way to be together no matter what.
 
 Kezi is a beautiful mortal, dancer, and rug weaver who is going to be a sacrifice to her god Admat. Olus is a goatherd and the Akkan god of wind is immortal. When Kezi and Olus fall in love and go on a journey to change her fate and see if they can turn her immortal. And Kezi searches for the truth she has always believed in Admat, but now she knows there are more than thirty other gods; is there really an Admat? Will they be able to make her immortal before her sacrifice, and will she live when she is sacrificed?
 
Kezi is so nice, she is a great dancer and an amazing rug weaver. She will do anything to help her family. She lives in the city of Hyte in about the time of ancient Greece with her Mom (Mati), Dad (Pado), and their servant Nia. Also Olus is a goatherd and the god of wind, but he also says he is the god of loneliness. He tried to make a friend before he met Kezi he tried to make friends with a mortal by named Kudiya, and it didn't turn out so well. His best friends are his goats, and he spends most of his time riding his winds and in his field with his goats.
 
This book is one my favorites and I hope it will be for whoever reads it next. I would recommend this Ever to about ten and up. I couldn't put it down when I read it, and I held onto every word. This story is told in both Olus' and Kezi's perspective, so you know what they are both doing. I loved this book and I think whoever reads it next will like it too.


4 comments:

  1. This sounds great, I love the plot of this book. The whole book sounds so interesting, the plot as well as the setting and time. This was a really good review and I would absolutely love to read this. The characters also sound really interesting. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a very great job describing this book it sounds so nice. You really told me and everyone else who read your review why you like it and how it is awesome to you. And described the book very well. This book sounds very interesting and great job on your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this book has a great cover, and after reading your description it makes more sense. Levine is a good author who has done a lot of fairy-tale type stories, so this one seems a little different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Gail Carson Levine's books!!! This one does seem different that what she normally writes about. It sounds really interesting and the cover makes you curious.

    ReplyDelete