Monday, October 7, 2013

Alcapone does my shirts

                  Al Capone does my shirts is a wonderful book filled with excitement, suspense and lots of fun. I would call this book fun with a little twist.

                 This book starts with a boy named Moose and his family move to Alcatraz the island which has the most protected prison system and very famous convicts including Al Capone. This island also has many other familys, and Moose becomes very close freinds with Piper, Theresa, Annie, and Jimmy. Piper is the wardens daughter but yet you always find her bending or breaking the rules. Well on the island the convicts have to do all of the laundry and make all the food, so Piper has the wonderful idea of having kids at school pay Piper to give there clothes to the convicts so they can say, "Al Capone washed my shirt." That doesn't end too well. After this incident many different things happen that will change you perspective on prison and convicts.

               In the book I would have to say that Natalie (Moose's older sister) is my favorite character. The thing is though that Natalie has a disorder, she does strange things but you have to love her. In the book Natalie and Moose's mom is trying to get Natalie into the Esther P. Maranof school to help Natalie. The only Problem is that Natalie is 16 but her mom pretends for 6 years after she turned 10 to keep her 10 forever, so that she can get into the school. In the book Natalie is very important, She may not seem so important at first but she is very important at the end.

             This story is a fiction book, because this story isn't true but the island Alcatraz is a real place with the most bad convicts. This book though isn't based on the convicts, its based on the life of family's who live a little different then you or me. I recomend this book to anyone because its gets you hooked right after the first chapter and I garentee you will not want to stop reading it. The ending of the book is defenatly the best part, but im not going to give it away... so what are you waiting for go read!

6 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed reading this review. Thats sounds like such a great book! I've been to Alcatraz before and it really does have the most protected prison system! I also loved that his name is "moose" it's so cool! I wonder if he has to take a boat to school every day! That would be really fun! I want Al Capone to wash my shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard this book is really good and I am hoping I like it like everyone else does. I like the way you put this it makes me want to read it even more. This should be a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this book. I thought it was a pretty unique idea. After visiting Alcatraz I wondered how it would be to live there. The island really didn't seem to be very big.

    ReplyDelete
  4. l liked this review because you were descriptive and also that i would really want to read this book. I think Al Capone is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you did a great job at describing this book. I read this book in fourth grade with my class and loved it! great job on the review.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I actually started reading this book and your review inspired me to read through the whole thing. Loved the review!

    ReplyDelete