Friday, October 4, 2013

Hatchet


      Gary Paulsen
By: Eric Pedroza

     Hatchet is about a thirteen year old kid named Brain who is going on his way to visit his father. The plane he is in unexpectedly crashed and landed near a lake in Canada. He had nothing but a windbreaker and a hatchet his mother had gave him as a present. He thought he was going to die out there alone in the wild. All he kept on saying is "I'm Hungry." He found a bag back in the crashed plane that had a hatchet. That hatchet helps him as he made more tools to help him survive. He makes a bow and arrow to kill fish and other wild life so he can eat food. Winter is approaching soon and he needs to find a way to get help fast.

     Personally I think this is a good book. It is very interesting throughout the whole book. It keeps you on your feet thinking whats going to happen next. I haven't read a lot of books but when I read this one it was a really good book to me. I wouldn't of survived something like that if I was stuck in that situation. I think there was a lot of detail and great description in the book. Overall this is one of the best books I have read so far.



5 comments:

  1. i have read this book and i really liked it. and yeah this book has a lot of description. I would hate to try to survive and not knowing help is coming or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most people enjoy survival stories, so I think that's why almost everyone has had to read Hatchet at some point. I definitely would not do very well in a survival situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved hatchet, well, except for the very end. I liked the way that it explained how Brian got on top of his problems and worked instead of complaining. It is really an eye opening book. What would I do in a situation like that? I can only hope that I would have done as well as Brian.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember reading this book and I agree that it is a very good book and I don't think I would survive that situation either. Hatchet was my top favorite book of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds like a really cool book. I've never read it, but it sounds interesting. I think that I might want to read this book sometime. I am glad that I am not in that situation.

    ReplyDelete