Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Cinder

They took away her beautiful clothes
dressed her in an old gray smock,
and gave her wooden shoes.

To me this quote means that they took away what was special and beautiful of hers and gave her something dirty and useless that was not beautiful and was not special. They took way what was hers and gave her something with no value or worth to her.




     Cinder is a book filled with adventure and action, maybe with a little bit a romance. I would call it childish love but hey who am I to judge? 

This books starts out kind of fast from the beginning, I like to call it a hook. It "hooked" me from the very beginning and I loved it. This story if from a girls point of view(which helps me feel like I can relate to this story, like what she is thinking and doing. I could think of what I would do) who is not at all what she seems to be. The main character, Cinder, is a cyborg. She lives with a family that took her in there home because she was an orphan. Cinder has a best friend who works with her at her mechanic shop because Cinder is a very talented mechanic.

In her government it is ruled by a king, thus it is a kingdom. One day when Cinder is working, the prince comes and asks for her help. He needs her to fix his android and before the annual ball where he will be granted king. Well Cinder is working hard to fix this android while there is a disease going on. With all this confusion and worry going on Cinder has a million things to do! Read this really good book and see what Cinder has to do and what she does, the world is on the line and on the verge of war! Cinder is the key to fixing everything, but how? I guess you will have to see what she does and how she is important.

This story is a fairy tale with a whole lot of modern in it. There are people that live on the moon! They are called Lunars and they can control peoples minds, but there is an evil dictator that controls them and compels them to love her. And she will stop at nothing to stay ruler! Even kill her own blood line and incident Lunars and humans to do it! 
There are kings and Queens that live in kingdoms. Another thing about this story is it also has a lot of the future in it, there are cyborgs and these ipad type things that are used for communication, and games ha ha, I really think this book is for everyone! And I think girls can really relate to this book and love it!


4 comments:

  1. I loved this book! At first I thought, hmm, I don't know if I can get into a story about a girl who is part robot; but I found I grew to like the character. A very interesting fairytale retelling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That review really made me want to read this book! After reading the other comments I found out that the main character Cinder is actually part robot. I was wondering why the front cover looked like it was a robot/human leg. I love that this book is futuristic/fantasy and it sounds like it also has some mystery to it. It also sounds like it has some realistic fiction to it! This is my kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is a type of book that I would like to read, I love retold fairy tale books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this book sounds really good. The picture is kind of scary at first.

    ReplyDelete