Thursday, April 19, 2012

What happened to goodbye

“So," he said as we turned onto the main road, the muffler rattling, "I've been thinking." 
"Yeah?"
He nodded. "You really need to go out with me." 
I blinked. "I'm sorry?"
"You know. You, me. A restaurant or movie. Together." He glanced over, shifting gears. "Maybe it's a new concept for you? If so, I'll be happy to walk you through it."
"You want to take me to a movie?" I asked. 
"Well, not really," he said. "What I really want is for you to be my girlfriend. But I thought saying that might scare you off.” 

Since her parents' bitter divorce, McLean and her dad, a restaurant consultant, have been on the move-four towns in two years. Estranged from her mother and her mother's new family, McLean has followed her dad in leaving the unhappy past behind. And each new place gives her a chance to try out a new persona: from cheerleader to drama diva. But now, for the first time, McLean discovers a desire to stay in one place and just be herself, whoever that is. Perhaps Dave, the guy next door, can help her find out. Combining Sarah Dessen's trademark graceful writing, great characters, and compelling storytelling, What Happened to Goodbye is irresistible reading. 

I like how when you read her book you can almost picture in your head whats going on. I also like hows its like other books and movies where the guy gets the girl but its to complicated for them to hook up. The only thing I don't like about it is that it swears a couple of times. I think that some parts of the book are funny. When I read the book I could picure it in my mind and I imagened it being warm and sunny and I thought of arizona. I think that to voice of the book is interesting and I don't think I've read a book anything like it. I think that this author is very good at writing books. 

The characters are pretty cool. Theres Mclean, she has devorced parents and moves a lot and in my oppinion she takes it pretty well. I think that Mclean is very brave for what she has to put up with. There also Dave and he's a guy like no other he's nice, sweet, and cares about others. Those are the two main characters in the book. I think that they are real people because some of this stuff does happen in real life. When I read this book they seemed pretty real and alive. I really like the characters in the book and I think that Sarah Dessen wrote it perfectly how the characters are. Like Dave saved Mclean, in the begining, from the cops. He helped her in a dificult situation. I don't think that the book really tells where they are at. But I think its in arizona because I picture it being warm.
I don't think that this book relates to me at all. Besides that I move to alpine recently and go to a great school with awesome people to be my friends.


I think a lot of people would really like this book. Mostly girls though, since it is more of a romantic book then a action book. Most guys only like action books with fighting and blood. But if the guys actualy read the book I think that they would really like it. I liked it because I read a lot of books like this and I like romantic/mystery books. 



3 comments:

  1. I'm trying to remember if I've read a Sarah Dessen book. I'm not sure that I have. I know a lot of girls really enjoy her writing. They usually involve characters who are older, high school age. I think a lot of girls can relate to the problems that are addressed and the romance element makes it more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a book that i would like! My favorite type of books to read are ones with a little romance in them. I also probably wouldn't be able to relate to this till i was a little older but it still sounds like a really good book. I will see if i can read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Malorie, this is something i would like for sure:) I'm a sappy romance lover. I will deminatley look into reading it!

    ReplyDelete