Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Matched by Ally Condie




“I think of how perhaps the best way to fly would be with hands full of earth, so you always remember where you came from.”
Ally Condie, Matched

Have you ever wanted your life to be perfect? I know I did until I read the book "Matched" by Ally Condie. This book is a fantasy. It was about a girl named Cassia who lives in a perfect society. This "perfect society" Controlled what and how much she ate, when and how much she exercised, how and when she died, what she wore, and who she would love. Every thing in her life is predicted and controlled. Everyone cassias age (about 18) goes to a match banquet to find out who their perfect match is.  “Once you want something, everything changes. Now I want everything. More and more and more.”-Cassia, Ally Condie, Matched. Is that what will happen when Cassia realizes that maybe her world isn't perfect?

I Really enjoyed reading the book "Matched". I liked it because it had Ally used a lot of metaphors, which is my favorite way to write. I would recommend this book to people that have read and like "The Hunger Games" series, because I think that they are a lot alike.

Posted by Suzy Castleton


7 comments:

  1. I loved this book so much and I agree that it is like hunger games. Cassie(I guess I should say Ally) is wonderful at explaining things and helping you understand what is going on from her perspective. I would be interested in reading a book from the Society leaders perspective also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that made me feel not want to be perfect. it seems like it could be best seller just like the hunger games.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am reading this book. I really like it and I do agree with you, this book does seem like the Hunger Games to me. I love how you tell a lot of the main parts in it. Thanks a lot for posting this blog. I was cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this book. I took the advice when i read about it online at home and i have to say my favorite part is at the matched banquet when she finds out her best freind is her match!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this book. I think it is a lot like Hunger Games also. I think that is why I liked this book so much.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always been so interested in this book! Ur review has made me want to read it even more than before. I agree, this book definately seems somewhat similar to The Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the Hunger Games series and I didn't know what this book was exactly about. I'm glad you made this review so that I can understand what it was. Certainly adding this to my must-read list!!

    ReplyDelete