Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Fighting Ground by Avi


The Fighting Ground
By: AVI
Jonathan running as hard as he can, racing to get to the court house to see what is going on. When Jonathan finally get's to the court house he exhaustively sees what he hoped for, a group of men holding guns in their hands. Jonathan waits to see what will happen next and finds that they are going to fight in a battle and he feels all happy inside. The leader of the group looks at Jonathan and starts laughing at him and says "you're as tall as that gun right there."

This book is about a kid named Jonathan and he is so eager to go to war because of all his brother's are all out at war. The Book starts with him helping his dad out in the wheat field and gets interrupted by the court house bell. Jonathan's Dad tells him to run and go see what is wrong, so Jonathan runs away to the court house to see what he imagined. I would recommend this book to a person that likes characters in books that has a lot of heart. I liked this book it was fun to read and it was really interesting to learn of why Jonathan wants to go to war so bad.

Jonathan is a little bit odd because he seems all tough at the beginning and then at the end he becomes this loving and compassionate person which is really strange because the book is made up of a one day period. A person doesn't really change over night but Jonathan does I guess.

 

3 comments:

  1. There are a lot of books about boys that go to war. I always wonder why it would ever seem great and desirable. I'm sure it's an adventure, but usually a very bad one. Why do you think Jonathan changes in one day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds very interesting, I like it how you said he was racing to get to the court house. It grabbed my attention and made me want to know what was going on at the court house. Your review was great and made me want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your review has really caught my attention. It's interesting how you mentioned the book is made up of a one day period and that Jonathan's personalities change so quickly. Definately a book I would read.

    ReplyDelete