Thursday, April 19, 2012

Loser/Queen

Loser/Queen
  by Jodi Lynn Anderson

 
   Loser/Queen is a mix between mystery and romance. It is about a girl named Cammy Hall. Cammy=loser, Bekka=queen, how on earth can Cammy trade places with Bekka and become queen? It seems almost impossible considering she was raised by her cooky grandparents, wears clothes from their time period, spends her free time at the animal shelter or crocheting, and has no communication skills whatsoever (other than with her best friend, foreign exchange student, Gerdi).
  It starts to seem possible when Cammy begins receiving strange text messages, saying, "I know how to be everything to everyone." and offering to help Cammy become popular! All she has to do is obey everything the anonymous texter says, which could be a bad thing.... Will things work out for Cammy? Or will things start spiraling out of control leaving her worse off then she already was? Read this book to find out.
  This book was amazing and I enjoyed reading it. I connected with it well and it helped me understand what Cammy was going through. I know we have all felt left out at one point or another and it sucks. Cammy feels like that all the time.
   I would recommend this book for girls mostly, I guess a guy could read this book too, but its from a girl's perspective and well, its meant for a girl to read. You would also have to like mystery and romance because there is a ton of it. If you do read it, I forbid you from reading the end to find out who the texter is before you read the rest of the book. I promise you it will ruin the whole thing.

2 comments:

  1. I love mystery books! Sounds really cool! Thanks for the warning about the end, sometimes it can be pretty tempting. I liked your description of Cammy, great image! Her character came to life in my head. Thanks for the awesome review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the cover of this book. I can see how it relates after reading your summary. It's true; I think we've all felt like a loser at some point. Everyone has a desire to be accepted, but you shouldn't have to totally change in the process.

    ReplyDelete