Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Magicians Nephew

I would consider this book to be read by any age. This is the first book of Narnia. It is about how Narnia became Narnia. Douglas and Polly explore their uncles room when they come upon two green rings and two yellow rings. They soon find out that they are magical rings. Douglas uncle tells them that if they touch the green rings they will be transported to a different universe. Later that day Douglas and Polly put the green rings on and are transported to whats called "The Woods". Which is the world in between all worlds. Douglas finds a guinea pig there and remembers that his uncle had put a ring on the guinea pig. Polly and Douglas see tall trees and shallow pools everywhere the eye can see.
Douglas decides to go into one of the pools and they stand in the shallow pool and they put the yellow rings on and they sink through the pool and enter the world of Charn. They find there a queen named Jadis also known as the White Witch. C. S. Lewis tells a great story of how Narnia became Narnia. The author captures the story about Douglas and Polly and where they end up. This book is the first of the seven books in the series.

4 comments:

  1. I don't think I've actually read any of the other books in the series besides The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe. However I've really enjoyed seeing all the movies that have come out. C.S. Lewis is a classic author that everyone should read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read the first book of the actual series. It was very intriguing. I never finished the series. I only got to the 3rd book. I think if I had read The Magicians Nephew, I would have understood it more. I recommend the Chronicles of Narnia, but I would read this book first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not read any of the lion the witch and the wardrobe books, but I have seen the movies. The movie wasn't really helping me want to read the books, but this is a good review so maybe I might start the series. I will put it on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you showed that this book is before the lion the witch and the wardrobe... lots of people don't know that there is a book before that. I also enjoy knowing the white witch's background, I didn't know that they found her in the first book.

    ReplyDelete