Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Maximum Ride

Maximum Ride is a series by James Patterson. There are seven books in this series. I am currently reading the seventh book which is called Angel. The books go in this order; The Angel Experiment, School's Out Forever, Saving the World and Other Extreme Sports, The Final Warning, Max, Fang, and lastly Angel.

This series is about six children (Max, Fang, Iggy, Nudge, Gazzy [The GasMan], and Angel) between the ages 6 and 14. What makes this book so interesting is that these children are 98% human and 2% avian (bird) and their mission is to save the world. These books all have different adventures involved. Not only is this an action packed book, but also a romance. <3>

I would suggest this book to anyone who likes a good book full of action! I would compare this book to Harry Potter, the Hunger Games, and Uglies. If you like a little romance, this book is great! It's very funny because the story is told by Max who is a 14 year old girl. She is my age so I can relate to what she says and she talks the way I do sometimes. Throughout the whole book she is always cracking a joke and making me laugh.

My favorite quote from this series is in the very first book. It is:

"I feel like pudding. Pudding with nerve endings. Pudding in great pain." --Iggy

Iggy is hilarious! He is 14 and blind, due to an experiment gone wrong. He, just like Max, is always making me laugh. I definitely loved this series and would suggest it to everyone!

7 comments:

  1. I've seen many people read this series, but I still haven't read it. But it sounds like a good book. Maybe I might read it sometime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I think I read the 2nd or 3rd book in the series first. I was a little lost, so I need to go back and start with the first one. I think it would definitely be cool to be able to fly. These books have been very popular with different students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that this was a good series. I forgot about it until now. I think I'll read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like one just for me hopefully i can get around to it when i can

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds like a great book. I cant wait to read it. I have heard from aton a people to read it if you love to read

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will try and get to reading it as soon as i can it sounds really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the first one, and it seemed interesting, but I never actually had time to read the 2nd. Maybe I'll get to it soon, though probably not until next year, and for a few good reasons.

    ReplyDelete