Friday, March 18, 2011

The Legend of Bass Reeves.


In the Legend of Bass Reeves by Gary Paulsen, Bass is a young slave boy. His job is to go catch wild cattle for his master. He lives on a plantation with his mother and one other slave. His master is somewhat nice, compared to other slave owners. When Bass grows up his master teaches him to play poker, but when Bass catches him cheating, Bass has to run away from his master. He ends up living in the Indian territory until slavery is abolished. After that he becomes a great federal marshal and has many adventures chasing outlaws. I think that people who enjoy stories of cowboys would like this book. My favorite line is "Had everything in it plus rattlesnake heads."

8 comments:

  1. This book sounds interesting! I have always loved cowboys. :) I will read it when I find the time to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a good cowboy storey. I should read it some time, but i don't now if its my type of book

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gary Paulsen is a good author that most boys enjoy. The book has a great cover! I like stories that show how people have overcome difficult circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this for a history book report and you explained it really well. I forgot that line, it is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that sounds like a pretty good book i like these types of book ill have to read

    ReplyDelete
  6. this book looks and sound cool. i have some books that i am going to read and this is going on my list of books to read

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always like to learn and read about slaves and cowboys ill have to check this book out sometime and read it.

    ReplyDelete