Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ender's Game




80 years prior to the present time in this book Earth has been attacked by aliens, it ties into the book later. This book is about a boy (Ender Wiggin) who is miserable on living Earth, his brother Peter abuses him and bullies at school beat him near senseless. Ender is much smarter than most humans... in fact he even corrects his school teachers sometimes!! But he is alone, nobody in his life really matters except for his sister Valentine, the only one who loves him. Then he decides to go into battle school, a training center in space for kids who want to enlist in the International fleet. The International Fleet is a space force that protects Earth and fights the Buggers (aliens). Ender learns that all that really matters in the battle school is to stay alive and to win the games. These games just happen to be what Ender is great at...

This book would probably be preferred by a boy considering the main character is one but it is a great book for both genders, it is a bit depressing at times but if you like strategy and adventure then you shold read this book.. Overall I loved the book, it has a bit of profanity so beware if your sensitive to that stuff. My favorite quote is probably "Gentlemen, I hope you learned something yesterday, because we're doing it again."

READ THE BOOK

8 comments:

  1. I read Ender's Game several years ago and enjoyed it. A lot of students have enjoyed reading the other books in the series. Supposedly sci-fi books are going to be the next big trend in YA lit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that i would reallt like the book because i like science-fictiony type books like star wars. I will try and read it when i get the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like a fun and awesome book to read i like science fic and the cover is really cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished reading this book and I thought it was great. I highly recommend it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the quote of the book i think its funny. I think i will read this book because of the intensity of the aliens and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seems like my type of book. It seems like a war space book. I should read it some times

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have always neglected to read this book for some reason but in the way you put it, it sounds really good. I will probably check it out in the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's sounds good but ill probably pass not a huge space guy

    ReplyDelete