Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Title: Peak
Author: Roland Smith









This book is about how a boy named peak gets introuble for climbing a skyscraper and was going to go to jail for three years. At the last minute peaks dad that he rarely gets to see comes to town and offered to take care of him instead of him having to go to jail. He takes Peak to climb mount Everest without him knowing and without his mom and step dad knowing.

     Some observations I made was that Peak observes a lot and I think I do to. Another observation I made was when they are on the mount Everest it was very cold and snowy I have also been in very icy and snowy weather.

     ''Do what you gotta do'' I liked this quote because it is true you really do have to do what you have to do. I think it did fit into the story because Peak had to do some hard things and if he did not do those things then it would not have been done the right way.

     I did not like this book. The reason why I did not like this book is because it kept dragging on and on. I thinking people interested in rock climbing would like this book cause I am sure they can relate.

   

   

 










4 comments:

  1. This sounds like a very interesting book, except for the dragging on.... I loved the quote and think it applies to life or in everyday situations. I thought this was a great review, but I most likely will not read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that this book would be very exciting and fun to read but if it drags on and on then that kind of lowers the temptation to read it for me

    ReplyDelete
  3. this books sounds pretty cool because the other night i was watching a show about climbing mount Everest it seems so hard to climb it. Then peak seems like a cool get for climbing a sky scraper that's pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book seems really cool. I like how the dad saved him from going to jail. I like how he gets in jail for climbing and then his dad takes him to Mount. Everest to climb.

    ReplyDelete