Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The 5th Wave

 
The 5th Wave
By Rick Yancey
   

The 5th Wave, is very intense, extreme, and exciting every page you turn, the plot twists throughout the book. This is a Sci-Fi book, normally I don't like Sci-Fi but the book made it a little more interesting, with all the mystery in it. Rick Yancey adds some humor using teen slang in the book, and makes you feel the main character more. You have to keep up with the storyline, because it will switch character unexpectedly.

     Since the Arrival of the Others things used to be so easy. They sent 4 waves to kill off the earth species.
1st wave "Lights Out" All electricity went down
2nd Wave "Surfs Up" More than 20 million people died.
3rd Wave "The Pestilence" The plague hit and killed more than 97% of whats left of the human population.
4th wave "Silencer" The Others were inside us all along
After the 4th wave only one rule applies "Trust No one"

     Now It's the 5th wave, when the main character Cassiopeia or Cassie loses her mother to the plague, her dad was killed by the Others, and her little brother, Sammy was taken away by the Others. She has to keep herself alive, meanwhile the Others are chasing her, they are extraterritorial being that look like humans but are not, and they've been here at Earth all along without us knowing. Cassie believes she is one of the last survivors on the Earth, but when she's dieing under a car on an empty highway she meets the handsome Evan Walker. Now she has to break the three rules she used to keep her alive, Stay Alone, Trust no one, and Stay alive.

    When the two character set out to rescue and get back Cassie's brother, Sammy will they find more survivors? Or will they risk their lives to die for the thing they both love.

     I love the quote "I promised Sammy, and I can't break that promise" it shows how much Cassie cares for her younger brother, and will keep her promise to find him again. Cassie is dedicated to find her brother, even if it means losing her life.

     Cassie, however is very ignorant, and doesn't like to be told what to do, she however has a very special spot for her brother and will risk her life to find him, I think she is secretly caring and sweet, but she tries to hide it because she doesn't want anything she loves to be hurt, I would do the same if my family died in front of my eyes too.

     I loved the book, it was a great read and it made me want to keep reading it, throughout every page. Rick Yancey is really a great author and he makes the reader more involved and to think throughout the book. The book does have foul language in it, it's most definitely for mature readers, because some parts that do get gruesome, and cuss a lot.

   


4 comments:

  1. There have been a lot of great sci fi books that have come out recently. I also read this and enjoyed it. It's nice when a book keeps you guessing, and you don't have everything figured out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS BOOK SOUNDS AMAZING!!! Good job I am definatley going to read this book! You did a really good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds great. I really like your quote because I think it shows that Cassie is very caring and wants to protect her remaining family. I would too if that happened to me. I think this book sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds so interesting I love sifi books and I want to read this book! I cant wait to read this book! Great job madelyn! i will defiantly have to read this book.

    ReplyDelete