Monday, April 28, 2014

House of Hades
By: Rick Riordan 


             This is an amazing book it is full of adventure and excitement, there are twists around every corner. In Rick's newest book you adventure out to the great unknown. You join the crew of the Argo 2 again to find Percy and Annabeth.                                                                                                         

              The plot continues with Annabeth and Percy when they fell into the pit of Tartars. They try to make there way to the doors of death when the rest of the crew make there way to the other side of the doors. They all have complications and trials. Percy and Annabeth have to fight of all of their past villains they conquered. The crew run into some past trouble as well when they face the Greek god of the wind's children.
                
             The entire book's setting was in Europe or underground in Tartars. Rick Riordan does an amazing job at the settings. He gives lots of description that lets your imagination soar. The book has a huge theme of friendship.  The book teaches that you should never leave anyone behind.

             “I figure the world is basically a machine. I don't know who made it, if it was the Fates, or the gods, or the capital-G god or whatever. But it chugs along the way it's supposed to most of the time. Sure, little pieces break off and stuff goes haywire once in a while, but mostly... things happen for a reason.” 
― Rick RiordanThe House of Hades.  Most of the things they say or think in the book are not at all deep, but this one is and it has a lot of meaning to the book.

                 I most certainly liked the book. It has all the characteristics a great book needs. It has humor and adventure and excitement around every page. If you are looking for a book that make you keep reading this is a great choice. 



7 comments:

  1. I read The Lightning Thief books and I need a new books to read. This sounds really interesting, I need to start reading this series

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book description made me really want to read the book. I read the Lightning Thief books too, and this sounds very exciting to read. I really like the quote from that passage. I'll read this series ASAP, it sounds exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a great book review. I think it would be a great book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great review! I loved the quote and how it said that somethings go a little crazy, but they happen for a reason. I've been meaning to read these books, but just haven't gotten to them. This sounds like a fun series to read and it is definitely on my book list. I loved how detailed and exciting this review was. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that was a really good review and that makes me want to read this book... except for the fact that its REALLY long.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. You described the extremely well and caught the attention of your readers.I have read this series and i think that the house of hades is probably the best book out of the four. It keeps the reader hooked as well as entertains. I would recommend this book to anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this review a lot. You showcased all of the books best qualities and made it sound very interesting. My favorite part of this review was that quote you put in. I thought you would have just inserted on of Leo's short jokes rather than a meaningful quote. One thing I must ask; why didn't you talk about Leo and Calypso? It has nothing to do with the quality of this review, they are just my favorite characters in this entire franchise.

    ReplyDelete