Tuesday, April 22, 2014



Divergent
Veronica Roth


This book Divergent is by far the best book I have ever read. This book is kind of like Hunger Games, but it has it's own uniqueness. The books setting is in the future in Chicago were they have made their own way of living by dividing everyone into five different factions there are the Erudite, Amity, Dauntless, Candor, and Abnegation. Every year when you reach a certain age they do a test to see what faction you belong to, it isn't like the tests we do today these test are way more extreme testing the way you think, reach, and more. 

The main character in this book is Beatrice Prior when she goes through the test she does somethings that aren't acts of certain factions she does a little bit of some of them. The people in charge of the test results can not decide what faction she belongs to they call this "Divergent" so she gets to decide what one she wants to go to. After the test they have a ceremony were they go up onto the stage a select a faction that their test results showed what one they belong to or they can choose to stay with their own faction (they usually stay with their same faction). When it is Beatrice's turn she choose Dauntless. 

Beatrice has to go through many trials in the dauntless to prove herself to the dauntless. The dauntless people guard the city and are practically adrenaline junkies. I highly recommend this book the author does an amazing job on getting a good picture in your head of whats going on. I promise you that you will love this book and when you are finished with divergent that's not the end there are two more to go.

A quote from this book that I really liked is “It must require bravery to be honest all the time.”  Because it's really true because for you to tell the truth that you messed up or something like that it takes guts that is why I like that that quote. 

 In this book I liked how the author made the characters because they all are different and they all have their own uniqueness. A connection I made when I was reading this book (that you will might see also) is when they are in the choosing ceremony it reminded me of the book 'The Giver" because in the book "The Giver" they go up to the stage in alphabetical order and then they go up onto the stage in front of everyone and choose what they are going to do for the rest of their life and in Divergent they also do similar.

3 comments:

  1. I love this book! I think that this book is also similar to the giver to! I love the way that you explained this book in your review. I think the movie goes along great with the movie. thanks Cole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this book too. You explained this book really well. It was super easy to understand what you were saying and this book can be confusing. You did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome review. You did a great job describing the book and got me interested in reading this book. I saw the movie and loved it. Since then i have wanted to read the book just haven't had the chance. Your review as made me want to get this book even more and read it.

    ReplyDelete