Thursday, October 18, 2012

the Cay

The Cay   By: Theodore Taylor 

This book is about a young boy who's father is in the war. So he leaves home on a boat with his mother. On the way a big storm hits and the boat tips over. When he wakes up after getting knocked out he is on a boat with man and his cat. They find an island and the man helps the boy with his blindness and how to live with being blind. At the end a huge hurricane hits the island...Timothy is the man, Phillip is the boy.


"Dr. King's dream,Which can only come true if the very young know and understand."
-Timothy 

The setting of this book is mostly on a island, on a boat and at Phillips house.

I have read this book about 6 times so I really, really like it a lot. It is probably one of my favorite books.It has many emotions happy, sad, depression, etc.I would definitely recommend this book to anyone and everyone.

4 comments:

  1. the book sounds very intresrsting. are both of the charaters blind or only timothy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. this book looks really good I might need to read it soon, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your book review! I love this book;)

    ReplyDelete