Wednesday, October 24, 2012


Sent
This book is the second book of  Maragret Peterson Haddix's the Missing series. It's all about time travel and putting two and two together. 
The main characters in the book Sent are Jonah, Katherine, Chip, Alex, and JB (a time traveling agent.).
This story takes place in the 1500’s. In other words, medieval time where killing was expected over power. The area the story mostly took place in is England.
Katherine, Alex, Jonah, and Chip were sent to the 1500’s to get a chance at fixing history without Chip and Alex being killed, so they can be brought back to their 21st century lives. Chip and Alex almost get murdered in the tower of London when they are connected to their tracers. (Tracers are ghostly figures that project what happened in history the first time around without any time travel interferences.) After Katherine and Jonah saved Chip and Alex in the tower of London they helped them find their mother in the abbey. When they got Chip and Alex to their mother they got to attach to their tracers and Katherine and Jonah tried pulling them out right in front of their mother. Katherine and Jonah broke a time traveling rule when they did that so JB pulled them out of time and made them watch Chip and Alex’s lives for 2 years. Until they were finally allowed to rescue them at a battle they fought for their uncle, King Richard the Third. They couldn’t separate Chip and Alex from their tracers until Katherine told Chip how she wanted him to be her boyfriend. That’s when they were sucked back into the 21st century and were allowed to live regular lives.
I thought the book was good because I could really connect to it. A quote I like from this book is "I think it's safe to say that judging by the time I sent you back, you're um, well..."
"Tell Me!"
"I think you're the king of England."
I like this quote because it's so great when you read that line in the book and you just kind of freak out!



"I think, right now, you're the king of England."


2 comments:

  1. I started this series and read up till this book. I really loved the first book because I was trying to trying to solve the mystery. This book focuses more on history which was interesting, but a little different from the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first book a little whale a go but never got around the reading the second it sounds very good. I am definetly going to put this on my list of books to read!

    ReplyDelete