Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Ranger's Apprentice

The Ranger's Apprentice series is a very fun series
to read and I love it. I am currently reading the fourth
book in the series called "The Battle For Skandia".
The main characters are Will, Halt, Evanlyn, Horace,
And the skandian Erak. Will at the beginning is with Evanlyn in a cabin that they have found in the mountains of Scandinavia. They are hiding out right now from the Scandinavians that have captured them in the passed. Will and Evanlyn were slaves for the skandians. Will took a harmful drug called warm weed and sense then he has had to rest out the warm weed from his body. During the addiction he is week and needs to rest to regain his strength. Evanlyn found Will in the slave area and they escaped with the help of Erak, One of the lead Skandians. Halt and Horace at this time are on the look for Will and Evanlyn and they are getting close. While Evanlyn and Will escape they find a cabin to live in and that is where Will is gaining his strength. Evanlyn one morning goes out to find food. She gets captured by these warriors named the Temujai warriors. Will goes to save her and he does while Halt and Horace find them at this very moment so they save Will and Evanlyn. Later on they encounter Skandians. Temujai are on the hunt for the apprentice and his master, Skandians are with them to help. Temujai are gathering a big force to overtake Skandanavia. Skandians wont go down without a fight but the kingdom of Hollaceholm will have to help them. The kingdom of Hollaceholm is where Will, Horace and Halt come from. Later on, The battle for Skandia is a hectic fight you'll have to read the series to find out! Ages of people that would be a good audience for the book are from the ages of 10 and up! I had a connection with Will, because he cares about others and is nice. He is my favorite character in this series. My favorite quote from this book was "Very impressive, where did you learn that?" Made it up just now". Said by Halt and one of the apprentices.

5 comments:

  1. I read the Ranger's Apprentice books up to this one. I didn't like the idea of Will being addicted to a drug. That's not something I can really relate to, but at least he overcomes the addiction so he can be useful again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved these books! I thought that it was cool that will got back from the drug and became useful again. KEEP reading the series I own almost all of them and they just get better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this book is really good i only read the first one and i might start reading the second.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read the first book in this series, and I liked it. I would recommend this series to anyone, but only if they had read the first 3. it looks good, and I will think about reading the others.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have herd that the Rangers apprentice books are great books. So I was planing on reading them because all of my friends are reading them so I might as well take a shot at it.

    ReplyDelete