Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Where The Sidewalk Ends

 
I have decided to do my book review on the poem book, Where the sidewalk ends. This book contains many fantastic poems, and creative ideas spewing from the spine. This book is by Shel Silverstein. One of the poems in this books is about how a king loved peanut butter so much, that for dinner that was all he ate. He asked his servant to make him and "extra sticky" peanut butter sandwich. The sandwich was so sticky that his mouth was glued together from all the peanut butter. his family had to push and pull to unglue his sticky situation. soon enough, the peanut butter was loosened, and he wanted another peanut butter sandwich. I liked this story because it reminded me of my five year old brother who absolutely LOVES chicken nuggets. One day doesn't go by without him begging for chicken nuggets. Just like how the king wouldn't eat anything but peanut butter sandwiches. I recommend this book to anyone who loves poetry, or creativity. Shel Silverstein supplies a lot of that in his books. I enjoyed it because it had a lot of character and excitement. 




8 comments:

  1. I remember my sister trying to memorize some of these poems for a school assignment. Most are pretty funny and some even have a moral to be learned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this book a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I thought it was really funny, and my bother eats peanut butter everyday with out fail so I know how that goes! It sounds like you also really enjoyed the book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well I don't usual like poems but you have made it sound so intriguing that now i will read that book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book i read it in 5th grade and loved all the poems!! they are so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read that whole book and its got some pretty funny poems in it. There is another book like that and it is called A light in the attic but I have only read part of that book but I will finish it some day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read this book a while ago, and I loved it! I like books that have a different story on every page, and this one is exactly that. and they are very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read other Shel Silverstein books/poems and this one sounds like a good one to read. I am not good at reading a lot at once and forget things, but it seems more fun to read lots of poems. I love poems so I think I will read it some time.

    ReplyDelete