Sunday, September 23, 2012

The Inheritance Cycle

The Inheritance Cycle,
by Christopher Paoloini.

This book is adventurous, and dragon loving. Anyone who likes fantasy novels will thoroughly enjoy what The Inheritance Cycle has to offer.

It starts when Eragon, the main character, is hunting in the woods, when an explosion goes off.  A strange blue polished stone is in the middle of the circle of fire. After the deer, he was hunting, had run away scared by the explosion. he decided that the stone might be worth something so he takes it back to his village, to sell to the butcher but the butcher wont take it. After that is when the book starts to get interesting. His uncle is severely injured by the emperor and his evil dragon Shurkin. Eragon flees with the storyteller from his village and tries to avenge his uncle by fighting the emperor Galbatrox.

In my opinion the book is a very well written book, that makes everyone who reads it never want it to end. All the characters are very well developed all the way throughout the books. I recommend it highly to any fantasy lover or any one who likes the Rick Riordan books.

"You can't argue with all the fools in the world. It's better to let them have their way, then trick them when they're not paying attention.'' ~Brom. that quote is one of my favorites because Brom, the character speaking, is a very old grumpy man who doesn't waist any words and he is one of my favorite characters.








6 comments:

  1. I really liked the first books in the series, but I have to confess that when the last couple came out I gave up because it took so long for them to be published.
    I think it would be pretty exciting to ride on a dragon and go on a quest to new and different places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks like a really good book how many books are in the series. I saw the movie so i think this would be a fantastic book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am seriously going to read this book it seams like it is right up my alley. I would love to go on adventures like eragon and maby ride a dragon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen the movie of Eragon and I really thought it was fun to watch. I now want to try and read all the books to the series that sounds like fun. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to read that series because both of my brothers have read the series and think that it is an great series but I have seen the movie and it was good but my brothers said it is nothing like the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read this series because it sounds intense. I know people who have read these books, and really enjoyed them. they look and sound really good.

    ReplyDelete