Thursday, September 20, 2012

Cold Sassy Tree - Olive Ann Burns
Cold Sassy Tree is about a Small Town in Georgia called Cold Sassy. It takes place in about 1906. It is about a boy named Will and his family and the adventures they have there. But when his grandma dies, his grandpa re-marries a lady about 45 years younger than him. All his children are angry, and don't want anything to do with his new wife. At one point in the book, he gets stuck in the middle of a train trestle, and a train starts coming. he has to outrun the train over the trestle and find a way off the tracks before the train hits him. He says " I was laying on the track when I heard a low rumbling. then I knew a train was coming around the corner." I loved this book, and it is on my list of top 5 favorite books. I liked it because it takes place a long time ago, and to see people interact with things that were new to them, like cars that we use every day without thinking about it. His grandpa especially likes cars, which is funny because wills dad, doesn't think they are important, and they are dangerous and unnecessary. Every chapter is kind of like its own story. I would recommend this book to anyone.

Cold Sassy Tree book cover

4 comments:

  1. I think it sounds so good. I would want to read this because it seems like there is lots of twists and turns. I think that it would be a book that you can't put down when your reading it! Just the title makes me want to read more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard a lot about this book, but I've never read it. I liked how you described the characters' reaction to change and new technology. Somethings become obsolete and other things become indispensable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this sounds like a fun interesting book! I have never read it or heard about it before. It sounds like unexpected things happen and keeps me wanting to read it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on your review! I'd defiantly like to check this book out, seems like a lot of plot twists! I also like reading things from the early 1900's so this seems like a good fit!

    ReplyDelete