Thursday, September 13, 2012

Michael Vey


      Michael looked like a normal boy to any one else but he was anything except normal because of his secret.
“If you passed me walking home from school, you probably wouldn't even notice me. That's because I'm just a kid like you. I go to school like you. I get bullied like you. Unlike you, I live in Idaho.
Don't ask me what state Idaho is in––news flash––Idaho IS a state."
~Michael Vey~
       Michael has a huge secret - he is electric and has always wondered if there was anyone else like him.
 Michael has a interesting journey through life because there is a big mystery behind how his dad died and they keep having to move to protect his secret but as he gets older he gets more curios and ends up on an adventure with his nerdy best friend, the popular cheerleader and the school bullies.
    I found the characters in this book to be very relatable because they're the same age as me, and in the beginning they're all doing and thinking the same thing every other kid goes through. Later on it changes and it becomes something you have never imagined experiencing and yet you can still imagine what you would do in that situation.
     I really enjoyed this book and would definitely recommend it to a friend. The whole time I was reading I didn't want to put it down because the author leaves you with just enough mystery that your worried about whats going to happen next and if the characters will be ok in the end. There's even a tiny bit of romance hidden in the book between a few of the characters. If you enjoy realistic fiction, science fiction, or just a really good book you won't want to put down, then you will definitely enjoy this book.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds interesting. I usually don't read science fiction books, but I have liked some and I think I'll like this one. I love how down to Earth you described him as. I love mystery books and this one looks very intreging. Can't wait to read it and get my own opinion of it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read a lot of other books by Richard Paul Evans, but this one is quite different. I'll need to take the opportunity to try it out. So can he touch people or does he always give them a major shock like you would with electricity? I also wonder what happened to make him like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book and am now on the second book Micheal Vey 2 Rise Of The Elgen! It draws you write in until the very end and then you want the next and the next I am. It was a very good review and I think you should add he finds out that he is electric from a machine that was for looking and scanning to mack sure the baby was healthy but instead it made him a Glow. Thanks for the wonderful review.

    ReplyDelete