Monday, November 21, 2011

The Son of Neptune


The Son of Neptune is the second book in the "Heroes of Olympus" series. The Son of Neptune is about Percy, Hazel, and Frank. Percy has lost his memory and been chased around by monsters for quite a while and suddenly he finds Camp Jupiter. Camp Jupiter is a camp for half-bloods just like Percy. Percy meets Hazel and Frank there and they all immediately become friends. Percy, Hazel, and Frank are sent on a quest to Alaska. Alaska is considered the land beyond the gods. When demi-gods are in Alaska, they are not able to reach any gods for help. The 3 of them are sent to Alaska to close the doors of death and find Camp Jupiter's gold eagle. They face many different issues in this book, though. You will have to read this book to see if Percy, Hazel, and Frank can accomplish all of there goals.

I really liked this book because it had lots of action and adventure in it. I also liked how the author (Rick Riordan) switched off who was telling the story. Having Hazel's, Percy's, and Frank's point of you made it great. On a scale of one to ten, I would give this book a nine. I think that anyone who likes adventure would really like this book.

My favorite quote from the book was: "Percy," Frank said uneasily."What's the scary woman with the dagger talking about?"


7 comments:

  1. This book has a great cover and perfectly fits your summary. So I'm guessing that there are several camps for the half bloods. After reading your post it made me wonder where Camp Jupiter is? Setting the story in Alaska is interesting because it's such a unique place. Riordan seems to keep writing great books that kids love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the first book in this series, and all of the other series of Percy Jackson. I can't wait to read this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved this book. My sister paid me five dollars to read this book on my kindle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the way Rick Riordan writes! I read all the Percy Jackson books and really got into mythology! This book seems really adventurous just what I like! I will have to pick up a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the Pervy Jackson series, these books sound just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have read the Percy Jackson series, and I have really liked it. I have also read the lost hero, and the Red Pyramid, and I have liked them all! I will have to read this book it sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought this was magnificently wonderful in extravagant ways!

    ReplyDelete