Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Band Of Brothers


Have ever finished reading a historical fiction book and wondered if the characters were real? In this book, Band of Brothers, the characters are all real. This book takes you back in time to the 1940's. It is about the 101'st airborne division. This story takes you from Storming the beaches on Normandy to peace keeping in Austria. I loved this book. I would recommend this book to any one who loves history and a little bit of comedy. My favorite quote is" Christensen got so drunk he was "making out with the toilet"

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I visited the Normandy beaches several years ago. It was one of my favorite parts of the trip. There are areas where you can still see the bunkers and the bomb craters. There are so many interesting stories associated with WWII.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a pretty cool book, and seems like it would be pretty funny. I will probably read it some day. I hope I will like the book like you did!

    ReplyDelete