Monday, October 17, 2011

The Witch of Blackbird Pond

The Witch of Blackbird Pond is based in the 16 hundreds, during the time of the Salem witch trials. It is About a girl named Kit who lived with her grandfather in Barbados, an island in the Caribbean. One day her Grandfather dies and Kit has no choice but to sell her Grandfather's Mansion and go to Wethersfield, Connecticut to find her aunt that she has never met. When she gets there, it is much drearier than she expected, it is rainy and foggy and always cold. Kit is miserable. Her uncle hates her, The locals call her a witch, and she is doomed to marry a man she dos not love. It is only when Kit meets Hannah, the "witch of blackbird pond" that her problems begin to resolve. "Hannah cheers everyone up with some blueberry cornbread and a kitten" said Nat, Hannah's other friend.
I did not like this book and would only recommend it to people who like Newbery medal winners and older history books.

3 comments:

  1. I remember reading this book when I was in elementary school. I really liked it, but then I enjoy reading historical fiction. Sometimes it helps me understand what happened in the past, and it's better than reading your history book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like history and this sounds like a really good book. i have read many and I like most of them. This one must be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like history. Maybe I will get this book and read it. I have only read one other Newbery medal winnner before and that was Walk Two Moons. I really loved that book. Hopefully if I read this book it will be as good as Walk Two Moons.

    ReplyDelete