Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Witch Child

Witch Child is about a girl named Mary who has some special gifts. Her grandmother, the only person that ever cared for her, gets accused for being a witch. Worse of all, she floats and is hung. Now, Mary is forced to go into hiding and head for the Americas. Along the way, she meets her long lost mother and many nice people. Their names are Martha, a kind old lady, Rebekah, a teen madly in love, Tobias, Rebekah's love, Jaybird, the Indian, and a rabbit that strangely acts like her grandmother. Together, they help Mary keep her secret and try to keep anything bad from happening to her. But how long will Mary's secret stay that way? Find out by reading Witch Child.
I loved this book. It tells of the monster that lives inside of man. Always looking for someone to blame. It also has adventure in it.

4 comments:

  1. I read this book last year and enjoyed it. This is kind of different take on witchcraft tale since Mary has certain talents that often branded people as witches. There is a sequel or continuation of sorts to this story if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book sounds pretty cool. I have seen a lot of movies about witches and I liked them. It is interesting how people believe in witches and kill women who are most of the time innocent. I think I might read this book if I get the chance

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to read this book for u.s. history, but i didn't get the chance. it sounds really good and i want to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like a pretty good book, I have read the last apprentice series, which also involves witches and thought that they were interesting.

    ReplyDelete