Thursday, September 22, 2011

Uglies



I have been reading the Uglies. It has been pretty good so far. It is about a girl named Tally. In Tally's world, there are uglies and pretties. The difference between the two is that a ugly is a normal regular person. To become a pretty you must first turn sixteen. Then on your sixteenth birthday you go to a special hospital and you under go a special surgery. They make you so that you look perfect. Tally's friends have all become pretties. She made a new friend named Shay. They have the same birthday so that they will never have to be a part! Then the day before their birthday's Shay decides she doesnt want to be a pretty and she runs away into the woods with a group of people that ran away so they dont have to become pretty. They call them selves the Smoke. When Tally's birthday comes, a car comes and gets her. She goes to the hospital but they tell her she can't become a pretty until she helps them find the Smoke (the group of people that ran away). Will she help them and turn in her friend? or will she help Shay and the others stay hidden?


What you do, the way you think, makes you beautiful- David, Uglies


So far I really like this book. It is so action packed. It also always has something exciting going on. It hasnt been boring yet and I am on page 299. It is really good but a little confusing. I totally recommend this book. I bet you guys will love it! I cant put it down!










6 comments:

  1. I haven't read this book yet, but have wanted to for a while. The way you explained it makes me want to read it even more. It sounds action packed and full of adventure! I can't wait to get my hands on a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the Ugly series, but have never read the 4th book because supposedly Tally isn't a main character. I think in our society we all have a desire to look good, but would you do it if it meant the government had control over you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I first heard about the book in elementary school, when my fourth grade teacher read it to us. I really liked the book, and bought the rest of the series and thought it was great because it was always so action packed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book seems fantastic! I have heard a lot of people talk about this book and say it was really good. I actually made a list of books I wanted to read and put this book on there because I had heard so many people say it was so good. :)I will have to find time to read it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've read the whole series and loved it the fourth book is a little weird and has irritating nicknames that supposedly mean somthing... I liked the first three better and in the fourth tally isn't the main character but it kind of wraps up tally's story too. Spoiler alert!- at the end she kind of forgets zane and moves on to david again which kind of ruined the whole seiries for me I liked zane:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not yet read this book but your book review makes it sound very interesting. A lot of my friends have read this book and now I won't to. Thanks a lot for making this book review.

    ReplyDelete