Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Janitors


I read the book Janitors by: Tyler Whitesides. Janitors is a book about Spencer and his friend Daisy. Everything at there school Welcher Elementary appears normal, but one day Spencer goes into the bathroom and washes his face with soap that is by the sink. After Spencer washes his face he starts to see weird creatures that are appearing around the school and he starts to get worried. A few incidents occur where Spencer talks about the strange creatures in class and he is made fun of because no one else can see them. The only person that actually believes him is Daisy. She is very gullible and thinks that anything that someone says is true. Spencer stays after school one day and a man talks to him and says that the janitors at Spencer's school are doing things wrong. Spencer is told to get a special item at the school and give it to the man. Daisy and Spencer cause tons of trouble getting the item, but give it to the man. The Janitors, Marv and Walter tell Daisy and Spencer the truth about the creatures and they find out that they are very bad. They start to help out Marv and Walter. Little do they know that the man and his friends are trying to find a way to help the creatures and ruin schools across the nation! Read the book to find out who wins in this crazy battle...

I really liked this book. It was very interesting and it kept me intrigued. It has a hint of fantasy and realistic fiction which made me really enjoy it. I would recommend this book to anyone who is interested in fantasy and action.

A quote from the book is: "Spencer, Daisy, I'm afraid you've been tricked." -Walter Jamison.

5 comments:

  1. I read an article about this book when it first came out. It's nice to support local authors. In fact I don't think we have this book in the library we better get a copy.

    I've always thought school bathrooms were a little scary, but imagine if you starting seeing things like Spencer did. It sounds like a good storyline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a pretty good book. I wish we had a copy in the library so I could read it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if I would like this book. It sounds like a fantasy and I don,t really like fantasies. But I might give it a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds awesome! I think i might actually like it if our schools got over run by monsters. I have seen this book everywhere in stores so it must be pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I heard about this book my first time on T.V. & it sounded really good! I might go and read it sometime!

    ReplyDelete