Thursday, September 22, 2011

The Red Pyramid


This book was about a brother and sister named Carter and Sadie Kane. They both come from two different worlds, Sadie lives with their grandparents in England and Carter lives with his dad who is a major in Egyptian mythology and they travel a lot. Carter and Sadie see each other once a year at Christmas time but this year was different. They went to an Egyptian museum where there learned that there dad was an Egyptian magician who tried to raise a god and ended up getting captured by an evil god name Set who locked him in a sarcophagus. In the story they have to rescue their father and stop Set from destroying the world while trying to figure out how to use their powers. I thought this book was great! I would rate it a ten out of ten. Anyone who likes mythology, action packed, funny books then you would love this one. This is a quote from the book when Carter said, "You know how hard it is to feel like a extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "Chicken Man"?"

12 comments:

  1. All my friends have read this book and said for me to read it I might just go and do that after I read this other book!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this book before, but it sounds like a fun book to read! I can't wait to find out more about Carter and Sadie and their adventure. Thanks for giving me the idea to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked this book. It was really interesting and had a ton of action. It was a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always been fascinated with anything about Egypt. Egyptian mythology is interesting because the gods are usually human animal things. This book hasn't been as popular as the Percy Jackson series, so hopefully more people will give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read this book and I had similar thoughts. I should probably reread it is that good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have heard of this book from my friends, and it sounds really enticing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lots of people in my family have read this book and said it was good. I have also read Riordan's other books and they where good. I think that this sounds like a good book, and maybe someday i will read it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have read the book and thought it was a really good book. I have read all of the Percy Jackson books, and thought that this one was better, because it had more action and I like the storyline better.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I started to read this book and loved it and i had only read about 100 pages. I had to stop and turn it in because i had to many books i had to read for other classes, but other than that i think that this is a great book!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book sounds pretty cool. I think I might read it if I ever get the chance to. I hope it's in the library.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This book seems really interesting. I think I would like it because I read the Percy Jackson series and this book and the Percy Jackson series are by the same author. :)I also really enjoy mythology

    ReplyDelete
  12. This book sounds so good my brother is reading it right now and he is begging for me to read it. I love egyptian stuff.

    ReplyDelete